Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We have a Kindergartener!!


Yesterday was Layla Paige's first (half) day of Kindergarten!!

She was sooooo excited. Sunday was full of preparations. Picking out her clothes (all by herself), setting her (empty) backpack at the door, and a mani-pedi from Mommy. As soon as she got up Monday morning, she gave me strict instruction to fix her a good breakfast " 'cause that's important for Kindergarteners" as is perfume, apparently.

We snapped a few pics before heading over to her school, which is all over 2 mins away. (She just wanted to hold the lunchbox for picture purposes... she actually had to buy her lunch yesterday so she could learn to go thru the lunch line in the cafeteria).


She was cracking me up when we got there. I heard about three of these conversations:
Teacher- What's your name?
L- Layla.
Teacher- What's your second name?
L- Paige.
Teacher- Your last name is Paige?
L- No, my last name is West. But my second name is Paige.

Lol. They weren't asking the right questions for her!
As soon as we got in the classroom, she said, "Okay, Mommy, you can go now. It's time for me to go learn and meet some new friends." and off she went! Walked strait up to a little girl, introduced herself and said she'd like to play together :)




I wasn't sure if she would talk much when I picked her up or not, but she did! NON-STOP. She said her favorite part of the day was eating corn on the cob!! (I know good and well she did not eat that corn on the cob! lol). She liked all five teachers, but kind of has her eye on one in particular. I could tell they did the Brigance testing based on everything she told me and I'm sure she passed with flying colors :)

It sounds like she had a GREAT day! (Although she was a little starved for attention the rest of the day, I suppose from sharing it with 19 other kids all morning.) She can't wait to go back.