Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seeing Daddy for the first time =)

The kids finally got to Skype with Nathan yesterday! They were giddy with excitement. It was so sweet to watch. The night he called thy were already asleep and the two times we tried to Skype (only once successfully), they were in bed also. They were thrilled to pieces to talk to him and see his face on the computer- sqealing with delight and giggling uncontrollably! P.R.E.C.I.O.U.S.




Layla took a turn first. She talked about everything. Kindergarten, soccer, Bella, what she had for dinner last Thursday.... everything. She asked lots of questions, which I was glad about. And her questions made a lot of sense. I was glad that she got to see what kind of room he was in, what was going on behind him outside, etc. so that she could really get a better idea of where he was, even if she still doesn't really understand.



Next, was Brynn's turn. Sweet little thing was sooo excited (read: loud!) to talk to her Daddy! She was talking soooo fast, lol. I heard, "Hi, Daddy! I love you! I miss you!" and then from there, I couldn't tell ya. But she went on and on and on. I could hear Nathan laughing thru her headphones. Occasionally, she would stop and say, "Yes sir! Yes sir!" But we aren't really sure what all she was gabbing about. I think I heard mention of some corn dogs?!

"My turn, Mommy?"


Cale was not in the best mood during all of this being that 1) he's been sick for a week and 2) he chose not to have a nap yesterday. Notice I didn't even bother to edit out (or wipe off for that matter) the snot from under his nose. It is what it is. But after the girls, he decided he did want to talk. That is until I tried to put the headset on him. And then he freaked out. "I want to talk to Daddy..." Headset... freak out. So not a whole lot of communicado for Cale, unfortunately. =(

Then Nathan started making faces on the computer to cheer him up, which had them all rolling... and reciprocating.




All in all, I'd say it was definitely a success! We are going to HAVE to get the issues with my camera worked out. Nathan can't stand that he isn't getting to see us during these calls. But it's better than nothing and we are soooo grateful to have it!!

3 comments:

. said...

Aw this warms my heart!!!!!!I'm so glad you guys have this way of communicating with each other-it's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Okay Amber you are determined to put me in my grave aren't you. I have soooo enjoyed reading your blog and feeling like I was there with you and your family, what a wonderful tool Skype is!!!! I am soooo happy that you have it! It will help the time to pass..and it will give you a chance to see your love. I love you for sharing your heart and your family. What a SPECIAL family you are! Love Mylinda

White Sugar Brown Sugar by Rachel Garlinghouse said...

Amber, I love those pictures. What awesome memories!