In all seriousness, she had loads of fun and is thrilled to pieces with her little green participation ribbon, but darn it! The director of the pageant actually grabbed me from behind after the pageant and told me I *BETTER* bring her back next year or she would come hunt me down! And SEVERAL (seriously... like 16) people stopped us between the stage and the bleachers to tell us she had been robbed or that the judges were idiots... so I know it's not ALL just my swayed protective parental disappointment. Layla did have fun and that's truthfully all I care about- it's just kind of fun to get riled up (at home)!
Here she is on stage... not quite sure where the head tilt came from. I think maybe we've been watching too much 'Toddlers & Tiaras'.


After the pageant... Still smiling from ear-to-ear!



Her cheering section:
Nonie, Meme, Mommy



I emailed the pictures to Nathan, who of course, showed them to everyone at Manas AFB... they then emailed me back a custom made First Place ribbon for Layla! (It's hard to see in the picture, but it has the Manas emblem on the top, the Security Forces badge in the middle, and the "First Place, Most Beautiful, Layla West" on the bottom). So sweet!
Also....
when we got home from the pageant, guess what was waiting on the back porch for me? ...

My husband is AMAZING.
And oh so thoughtful. The gerbers also reminded me that there was a letter attached to the fridge that I had been instructed not to read until we were separated by a 12-hr time zone, which was right about the time the flowers arrived. Sigh... I love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment