Friday night, Mom, Layla, and I headed out to Ft.Campbell for the Salute the Troops concert for military personnel and their families. There were TONS of people there (rumor has it at 50,000...), lots of fun things to do and a couple of GREAT shows. We got there in time for Layla to spend a little over an hour in all of the bouncy houses, bouncy slides, all the bouncy goodness they had set up for kids out in the field before we checked out the booths and picked up some ice cream.
It was super-crowded but because Mom had catered the VIP tent and the Wildhorse had donated their food, we had passes which got us awesome seats and we didn't have to fight the crowd or stand the whole time, hoping to get a glimpse! I love my mom's job :)
Layla was WILD... in a good/fun way, not an obnoxious or inappropriate way. She was SO pumped to see Carrie Underwood, even though she wasn't quite sure which songs she sings (she's a Taylor Swift fan). She just knew all the other littls girls were screaming for Carrie, so she wanted to "see her so bad too"!
We played around thru John Rich and Hank Williams Jr, neither which sounded great and neither whose sets were appropriate for children's ears. But decided to find seats in time for Jake Owen. Jake put on an awesome show! I was impressed! LOTS of energy, sounded good and the boy has got some moves!! Layla danced pretty much the whole time.
It took quite a while to set up the stage for Carrie. A little longer than I had hoped. Around 10:16p, Layla (along with the little girls behind us) was grinning ear-to-ear chanting, "Carrie! Carrie! Carrie!"... by 10:20p, she looked like this:
Carrie came on ten mins. later. She did not disappoint. She sounded fabulous. As always. I've seen her perform live a few times and she always does. (Too bad she has ruined my impression of her personally because I really want to like her). I stood up to get some pics and holes kept openning up, before I knew it, I was on the 3rd row, lol.
The show was over a little after 11p, and then it took us 35 mins to find our way off the dang base! That place is HUGE. Had to stop to get something to eat since we were starving. An hour drive back to Nashville, 30 min drive to Nonie and Pap's to pick up the babies, load them up, then a 40 min. drive back home. I finally made it home at 2:30am. It was a loooong night... but lots of fun and I was glad to be a part of something that honored our soldiers AND their families :)
3 comments:
I don't know why she has disappointed you personally. I have met her,and she is the sweetest, kindest and most humble person! She is very shy, that is mistaken for aloofness sometimes!!
Seriously? RUINED u liking her? I don't get it? I've met the girl numerous times...added to the fact taht I'm in her FC and have seen her in concert countless times and have been to her fan club parties with her in the more intimate setting. Her personality is NOTHING short of phenomenal. Shes down to earth, loves her fans and is very good to all of us. I just don't see where u can get taht impression from.
I've met her a few times as a "fan" too and she was always great. Very sweet.
But I've also been around her some behind the scenes when she didn't have to be "on" as a celebrity and she has showed another side to her that I was really disappointed to see. I get it, it's gets old having to put on that face. I'm just saying the Carrie I saw during those times was different than the other Carrie I have always met and it bothers me.
I'm not judging her. Ruined was probably too dramatic a word. If I had that life, I'd probably be the same way, I'm sure she's exhausted and we all have those days. But I'd be a little more careful about what I said and who I said it too if I had her status.
Post a Comment