First, we read the story of Johnny Appleseed. (I am a fantastic storyteller ;) I got lots of practice when I was younger, dressing up with Mammy and going around to all the VBS classes to tell stories using props and different voices. She taught me well! Anyway, Layla was sucked right in and before I knew it, she was spouting off facts about Ole' John Chapman in no time. At school, each parent was going to bring in different things made from apples for the kids to taste test and I had already bought the ingredients for mini-apple pies (but we had to call them tarts bc Layla won't eat pies lol) so we spent the next hour and a half or so in the kitchen letting Layla make the pies herself (she loves baking) and talking about where her apples may have come from, etc. It was fun fun fun.
I cut up the apples, but then L measured the cinnamon and sugar and did all the mixing.
I love this picture of her filling the pie crusts in her too-short dress! (She had been playing dress-up before starting the Johnny Appleseed project). She takes her baking very seriously and needs NO help thank you very much.
Cale and Brynn showing off the different kinds of apples we got to discuss :)
Being silly while we wait!
They're done! Layla was so proud of her finished product- she kept saying, "These are delicious. I'm amazing at making apple tarts." haha.
The twins didn't say much of anything- their mouths were stuffed full of pie!
No comments:
Post a Comment