I don't think I've been there since maybe middle school. Maybe. Actually... didn't we go once in high school and act like we were too cool to be there? I don't know. Anyway, we always drive by it on the way to the base and Layla sees all the water slides and has been begging to go. Leslie and her gang have been going practically every week, so we finally planned a day for us to go together. THANK GOODNESS Jessie was with us. I don't know if we could have done it without her- it worked out just right with one baby for each of us and three sets of eyes on Layla at all times. I was so excited for the kids, cause I just knew they were going to love it... and I was right :)
(Oh... and please excuse Brynn's barely-hanging-on-bikini-bottoms. It's the first time I've put this swimsuit on here since she's been potty trained :)
It took Brynn & Cale a little while to warm up to the waves, but not LP! No ma'am, she was GONE- over and and under and then up for air! I was worried the girl was gonna wear herself out! She went 110 miles an hour in those waves EVERY time. We were constantly roping her back in. By afternoon, the little ones did decide they liked either holding on to our hands and jumping over the waves or staying in the very shallow waters and running/rolling around.
We also spent some time in the kiddie area. It was just easy to let the little ones play knowing they couldn't really go anywhere (and they never really tried). Layla loved the waterfalls and the buckets the dumped water out on her head!
We definitely got the most squeals and giggles out of them on the water slides! Cale was yelling, "Again, Mommy!" as soon as we hit the water! We even took them down the big ones (but only once because we got in trouble lol). They LOVED them. Brynn always had this unsure/slightly terrified look on her face until she hit the water, and then this huge grin would appear, it was so cute. Layla went down on her bottom maybe the first time. Then it was feet first backwards, then head first. On her last time down, the lifeguard finally told her she wasn't allowed to do that. Oh well! They had a blast!
Cale held his arms up like a roller coaster the whole way down, but I kept having to grab them before we hit the water so he didn't go under lol!
We were there for six hours yesterday! Clearly the kids were WORN OUT by the end of it (as were the adults I think!). I buckled the kids in and said goodbye to Leslie and Jessie, by the time I got in the car, the twins were asleep (about a 60 second delay). I am actually sore from battling them in the waves! But it was a GOOD day :)
1 comment:
I am so glad Jessie was there also! That was a huge blessing! Not only was she a huge help with the "babies", and keeping and eye on Layla...she was able to get out of the house and do something fun! She's lonely since her entire family lives in SC and all her college friends graduated and moved away! So...thanks for letting her hang out with us!
Post a Comment