Nathan and the rest of the unit found out yesterday that the U.S. has renegotiated it's contract with Kyrgyzstan, and he will FOR SURE be going to Manas AFB in a few weeks (basically just north of the mountains of Afghanistan instead of the heart of Afghanistan). That's good news! Based on everything we've been told, not a lot goes on there from a military standpoint. It is, relatively speaking, out of the danger zone.
Several of the guys he is in TX with now just came back from Manas and they all have good things to say about it. Apparently, it is a well-kept base with really decent barracks, a really good chow hall (high on Nathan's list of concerns, lol), a nice gym, etc. They get a few days a month (I think) to do community outreach projects and the guys really enjoyed all of their options for those- although, Nathan has already said he would like to spend several of his at the orphanage in Kyrgyzstan. (Andrea we should talk before he goes...).
I'm relieved and he's excited. Plus, it's just nice to finally know, at least the where, now if we can just nail down the when.
Oh- and while they are in Tx, they are all growing mustaches. But he already said he knew better than to come home with it, hahaha.
3 comments:
YAY! That is WONDERFUL news! I'm relieved for you!
I'm glad he is getting to go to Kyrgyzstan! AP is from the orphanage in Tokmok, but there are also orphanages in Bishkek and other cities. If their adoptions weren't and a standstill right now, I'd say he should bring home another baby!
When you say a few weeks, does it still mean 8/2?
Post a Comment