How appropriate that today, on the 4th of July, I can proudly show just some of what Airman West has been sharing with us while he is preparing to fight for the country we are celebrating today.
This was the first picture he text me of Fort Bliss where they are staying. We have a thing for rainbows in this house (not really the neon colored Lisa Frank kind or glittery puff paint rainbows on our shirts or anything... but you know, the real ones- they have a special significance for us). Anyway, I think this was day 2 or 3 that he sent this to us after a storm.

Today, the guys had a land navigation drill and Nathan was chosen to lead their team. They were left in the middle of the desert and had to find their way back. Two of the teams got lost and their was one heat casualty, but Nath and his team had no problems of course :) He is really, really good at that stuff.

Nathan finally managed to send a pic of himself too. The kids were THRILLED to see his face!! We love it :) ... His face and the picture. I told him it wouldn't kill him to smile for us, but I'm sure it's harder to be a big tough leader if you're taking a phone pic of yourself with a big cheesy smile on your face.

That's all I have gotten so far! I sent him (and a few others) a text recording of the kids (mostly Layla) singing Happy Birthday to America today that he LOOOOVED. He turned the volume up and played it for all the guys; he said it rang out over the desert and they all went crazy. He was probaby exaggerating, but it just made her day!
No comments:
Post a Comment