
I couldn't show the kids that picture when he text it to me because I was driving down the road (in a storm no less) so I waited until I uploaded it to the computer to show it to them. They all came running over and then they just stopped. Layla got really excited to have a new picture at first and then she got so sad. She wanted her daddy and counted backwards exactly how many more days until he would be home. Brynn immediately burst into tears and started crying, "I want my daddyyyyy!". Cale just stared at it for the longest time without saying a word. I mean a LONG time. Then finally he said, "I want Daddy to hold me". It was precious. Kind of sad, but precious.
I know he's only gone two weeks this time, and he's been gone two weeks before, several times actually. But as I was saying earlier today- it's so different this time. It's why he's gone for these two weeks, it's knowing that he's only coming back just to turn around and leave for REAL. For a long, scary 7 months. So that's that unnecessary justification of why these "only" two weeks are so emotional/stressful for us. =)
ANYWAAAAAY....
He loved the off-road hum-v course. He also sent me a video of himself in a simulator of a hum-v flipping over and landing upside down that they have to get out of! It was kind of cool.

This is the weapon he has to have with him ALL the time (except showers).

3 1/2 more days!!! AND he doesn't have to report back to the base until Wednesday!!!!
Yay!!!
1 comment:
This post made me cry. Here I am griping that Mike is gone for 2 evenings & a Saturday. Sometimes I need things put into perspective for me.
Post a Comment