The toddler beds were NOT working out. They were sleeping in them fine, when they were sleeping, but I have too many tears of frustration to go on like this. Today was the final straw. They were exhausted, so I thought they would go down for their naps ok. WRONG.
After hearing a THUD, I went in there to find both babies sitting ON TOP of the changing table. The floor was covered in clothes, shoes, and diapers of course and they had reached all their lotions/oils off of a super-duper-high shelf that I never thought in a million years they'd be able to reach which they were throwing down from their high-rise position. And that was only after pouring the oil all over themselves (and the floor and the clean clothes).
It doesn't sound like that big of a deal but it's all day every day and I can't take it anymore. After talking to Nathan, we decided we were going to put the cribs back together and buy crib tents. We didn't like that idea at first, but we are desperate at this point. But then we get to Babies R Us and realize that they are $70 each. Well, that's not an option.
Plan B.... ready for this? Lol. We both thought of this at the same time- we drove to Walmart and literally bought a regular old, 2 person pop-up tent. Came home, took Brynn's crib apart and set it up. Both of their mattresses fit in it PERFECTLY and they LOOOOVE it (so far). We put their blankets and pillows, their loveys, and a few little toys to occupy them in the morning in there and they were thrilled. They played for about ten minutes then went strait to sleep! And the best part? It's zipped up. The little tazmanian devils can't get out!
Pleeeeease cross your fingers that this works!! Or we are absolutely going to lose our minds. It feels sort of brilliant at the moment, but those little boogers can twist things on ya in a second!
1 comment:
Oh.my.goodness. The tent idea is brilliant! I really hope it works for you guys! It sounds like you definitely have your hands full! :)
Post a Comment