Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm on drugs =)

So I finally managed to make it to a neurologist, just in the nic of time. I immediately started Topamax (migraine preventative), which is working overtime at the moment- no insane side effects yet, though I will be gradually increasing my dosage over the next several weeks and am told I could possibly require the maximum amount. Awesome. Pretty sure not being able to feel my arms or legs coupled with memory loss are completely worth a migraine-free life to me at this point.

Also started a new pain medication. Thank you, Jesus (and Dr. Anderson). No more shots! I've traded them in for giant horse pills, which is fine by me. Even more fine, is that for 6 days I am required to take a half of one EVERY 6 hours. I can't really remember why (I suppose I am seeing some side effects of the Topamax already), but I don't really care because they have struggled to do their job for the last two days already. But I am thankful for their existence in my life and beyond thankful that our military insurance decided to cover them.

This HAS to work.

No comments: