I am getting SO many calls/emails about care package ideas for Nathan and his friends. As you know... he has been no help :)
He did, however, send me this and ask that I send it out and share it with those that may want to help. There are so many people that love him and want to send him the things that he needs, but the truth is... he has everything that he needs and that's why he can't come up with anything to tell us. These children don't. They have REAL needs that he would like to help with. So, I am respecting his request and passing along this message.
"Part of our counter insurgency (COIN) mission is to provide humanitarian assistance to the neighboring villages. Our efforts in Security Forces has been to Vinogradnoye Kindergarten. Recently, CMSgt Trautner and 11 other defenders went to the school to lend a helping hand. The school has a serious plumbing issue that we are working. Many of you have asked how you can help. The school employees have asked for toys, specifically “Playdoh”, school supplies, bed linen, dishes and utensils, and picture story books. The school consists of 60+ kids - ages 2-6 years old. There are also 14 workers - ages 25-30 years old and the Principal is 50 years old. They would be ecstatic with anything we donate. The principle has also requested a computer and camera. If you belong to a church, or have family back home that wishes to donate, these are the items requested. I would also request cold weather clothes for children. Coats, hats, gloves, boots, scarves. They don’t have to be new! This is a poor school and any little bit helps. If you or your loved ones would like to donate money so we can purchase those item here…we can do that too."
Nathan loves getting mail and he loves knowing people at home are thinking of him, but these children are really the ones who NEED the "care" packages.
*You can mail items to Nathan's mailing address with a note included that they are for the school* Thanks!
1 comment:
Oh! I love this! How sweet is he to think of these kids :-) I am on it!
Post a Comment