I still don't know what he was doing on this mission, but I know he ended up getting to spend the day hiking one of the mountains and shopping at one of the local "malls" (not part of the mission, lol, just a bonus when the work was done!). One of the other guys took some pictures of Nathan so he could share them with us. We were SO excited to have them. Even though we get to see him on Skype, it was really exciting to see part of his world right now.
Our call was breaking up so I couldn't get the whole story behind this picture, but they met an old Kyrgy woman and this is her Blessing Tree. She gave Nathan a cloth, that she blessed, and then he hung it on her tree :)
This is a picture of a Kyrgy native who lives on the land, sort of like a teepee.
The kids have LOVED having these pictures of Daddy :)
We have plastered them all over! Love seeing him out there (would rather see him here!). Oh, and he said last night that they are expecting some snow this weekend- he's pretty excited about that. I'm not sure all those Texans are... most of them have never driven in snow and some of them have never even seen it! But our Nath can't wait :)
2 comments:
It's a yurt that they live in. We have a wooden one on our mantel :) It's cool to see Nathan where we were and in our daughter's birthplace!
Lol, he told me what it was, but I couldn't remember. It was so hard to hear him and he was emailing the pics while telling me stories from his day, but you know how those conversations go when can only hear every other word! So just imagine him trying to tell me about these pics! ha.
I think of ya'll every time he starts telling me about the things he's seen :)
Post a Comment