Saturday, October 10, 2009

Disney on Ice


This was so fun! I VERY rarely get to do something with just the little ones. I was really apprehensive considering it was starting at the same time as their usual naptime and I was asking them to sit still in a very crowded suite for a really long time, but they did SOOO good!

The whole way there, Cale kept saying, "I'm going to hug Mickey Mouse! I'm going to hug Buzz and Woody and all Toy Stories!". I couldn't get him to understand that we were only going to see them, not hug them. Brynn hadn't even acknowledged that we were going anywhere so I just really didn't know what to expect. We got to our seats just as the lights were going down for the show to begin, both of them climbed in my lap. As all the different characters started coming out, Cale immediately got bashful and started saying, "Keep them out there, I don't want them!" heh. Brynn, however, went NUTS! She got so stinking excited! She was screaming, "Tinkerbell! Goofy! Daisy! Belle!". She knew everybody out there (Thanks, Sissy)! She gets an A+ for audience participation.






By the end of the first half though, suddenly my lap wasn't big enough and the lack of naps was making itself known. At intermission, we used Deda's gift money to find popcorn pronto and let each of them pick out a souvenir: he chose a Mickey doll, she chose Minnie (their favs). It was just enough to give them the burst of energy they needed. For the second half of the show, they were dancing and clapping with the best of them. I was laughing hysterically! Oh, and when "Toy Stories" came out- Cale went bananas! "I love them, Mommy! I love them!". Every time a new princess came out, it was Brynn's favorite, lol. Even Tatiana was there! It's their new princess- I was sooo excited they included her, and I'm even MORE excited that Disney has finally decided to get with it and have an African-American princess! (Seriously, what took so long?!). Brynn LOOOVES Tinkerbell (another thanks to her big sister) so she was thrilled to pieces to see her.




They really and truly had a GREAT time and it was so.much.fun to get to do something special with just the two of them. And now that I know they can handle such things, I can't wait to do more!!


Hanging in the suite with their new souvenirs, too cute!





Brynn and her new big cheesy grin with Tatiana!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was a great show! I loved it as much as Hannah did!