Saturday, October 10, 2009

Monday Night Futbol

Layla had a makeup game during her normal Monday night practice last week.

I didn't alert all the grandparents, so Cale, Brynn and I were here minimized cheering section. She actually had her best game up until that point (last week she scored her first goal- without me there!). She's getting really good at kicking the ball in and throw-ins.

And she still plays with a smile on her face :) She has gotten the "Sportsmanship" and "Christ-like" stars several times, which I'm quite proud of!

Taking a break with Maggie-


Her biggest fans (who were so hungry that Brynn was saying she was going to eat that donut right off her shirt! lol. I love that kid... ):


Thank goodness for free hotdogs! Cheering and eating at the same time-



A little mid-game stretch...


Now she's ready...


And she's off! I don't think she got very far... but it was a great effort :)


A couple of weeks ago, she seemed kind of listless at practice and her game. I thought maybe she was just "over it" or we had been doing too much with soccer and dance and school. Little did I know, she was at the beginning stages of the flu... since then she's been pretty pumped on soccer days and today she said, "Mommy, that was a blast." So I guess it's safe to say she's still enjoying it!

No comments: