Saturday, August 16, 2014

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles!

Hiya, pals!

We finally made it to our hotel in Roman's province (HOOT AND HOLLER). We traveled 19 hours yesterday, stayed in Hong Kong for the night, then traveled another 11 today.




WORN OUT doesn't even describe it. We haven't eaten since breakfast at 5am (and no "meals" since Wednesday night). Some expensive room service is already on it's way up because Cale walked in, collapsed on the bed, and refused to get back up- with the sweetest smile on his face.



Ya'll he has been AMAZING. The best little boy.
We had one head-to-head battle this morning over personal hygiene. He was exhausted/starving/thrown off so I expected it. I expected it, but since I was also all of those things, I probably didn't handle it so great. We recovered and it's been smooth sailing ever since.



I don't know why I was worried about yesterday's 16 hour plane ride. He hasn't flown since he was 15 months old and he was nervous about it too. But... Heaven is for real and Cale's heaven is 16 hours sitting down doing nothing, with his own touch screen TV and access to a bajillion movies while someone just brings him food and drinks.

Of course, he had the window seat. I was in the middle between him and a fella who shops in the big&tall section, made even more obvious by the fact that he was completely un-phased by his four scotches and glass of red wine. He was a nice feller though.


Cale's view of Hong Kong


We stayed an airport hotel in HK so it was an easy check-in. We didn't want to exchange any money for just one night so we utilized the electric kettle to make some in-room mac and cheese (so gross... but so hungry) and watched Mama Mia with Chinese subtitles. We were so happy!




We hit a few delays today, but we are here! I think culture shock is effecting me more than him. Traveling alone internationally is no joke. C just goes where I direct him, but trying to figure that out on my own has been mentally straining with the lack of rest and nourishment! I was thrilled for our guide to meet us at the airport this evening and tell me all about the area and even better- all about ZhengNing! CAN NOT BELIEVE that after tomorrow he will be in this hotel room with us. Really can't. Can't believe it.


Waking up in HK. The bags under my eyes qualify as carry-on luggage.


Sneaking in a nap from Guangzhou to Nanning



It's 7:15 Saturday night here. We have tomorrow "off" to rest and shop a little. Our guide is taking us to lunch. Monday morning, we go to the bank and then we go meet our son/brother! Cale has already made up the bed for them to share and packed their backpacks. Little excited!

I will keep you posted!!  Room service just arrived and it's enough for six. Oops!

Love you, familia!!
Hope to talk to you again soon. 
Smooches and squeezes!!


7 comments:

Andi-bo-bandi said...

This is so awesome and you sound just a wee bit punchy. Love it! Have the most amazing time. Xoxo

HollyMarie said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so glad you are there safe and sound. Can't wait to follow you in about 9 weeks! :)

Unknown said...

Am, I set up my skype.....cbamom2323
NEED to hear from you!

Mom

Terry said...

I'm excited for you all!

Beth said...

Hey! Have read this 4 times now. Out loud to Layla and Gary once. I hear your excitement and your weariness. Hang in there! It's a comin' Love you all! Ba

Unknown said...

Excited for your family. Cale, I'm excited for you to meet the brother God intended for you to have. Am, I'm proud of the heart of gold that you have shown to all who know you. Love yall

Noelle said...

So awesome. Glad C is doing sooo well. so excited for you to meet R....:)