Hated to wake the sleeping princes this morning after getting in bed so late, but we had a medical exam to get to.
First stop, new breakfast buffet. Cale was a happy young man! And I had a piece of french toast!! Ohemgee.
If Nanning was Nashville with it's big city mix of history and charm, then Guangzhou is more Atlanta-ish. I feel guilty for not soaking in more culture and kind of didn't realize that was my only shot. Alternately, not even gonna pretend I didn't do Roman's airplane-squealy-voice when I saw the Starbucks and McD's right outside our hotel door.
We arrived bright and early for RJZ's medical appointment. It's a pretty quick process, but you feel a bit like you've been run through a car wash when it's over. Give this, take this, sign here...
Getting his picture made for his visa!
Roman was VERY well-behaved the whole morning! Maybe because he was too tired to move, but very well-behaved.
Sitting in ge-ge's lap.
No huge medical surprises and took the TB test like a champ. There are a handful of families we have met along our way and we sort of all collided at the medical building which was pretty rad. Cale has talked their heads off, which is kind of amazing to see from my perspective. We have also gotten to meet some of the Reece's Rainbow kiddos I love!
The boys were asking to rest in the room for a while. They didn't do it, but they thought about it at least. It has been a beautiful day, but we are worn out. We scooped some more han baos (which, this time, Roman only liked without the actual han bao) and vegged out in front of a couple movies. One of them was set at a baseball game and showed the characters eating a hot dog. Cale was practically drooling. Lucky him, we stopped in the 7/11 attached to our hotel later and they had hot dogs roasting :) Another first for Roman!
They were getting proud roudy; I knew I needed to get them out of the room, but I was SO tired. They asked for the pool, so we loaded up and headed down but it honestly took everything I had.
Once we got down there, we realized they didn't have a "baby" pool or anywhere for Roman to safely play. RATS. He was pretty overwhelmed by the big pool so the only option was Mama getting in. We sat on the side together with our feet in, then I slid in, then eventually- he slid into my arms. He'll warm up to it, I think!
We were going to eat the cheapo ramen-like noodles the 7/11 offers for dinner, but our suite grants us access to the Executive Lounge of the hotel with "hors d'oeuvers, desserts, and drinks" for free so we thought we'd run up to get some soft drinks really quick. HOLY MOLY. Third best decision I've made.
1. Coming for Roman
2. Bringing Cale
3. EXECUTIVE LOUNGE
"Hors d'oeuvers" was a full on buffet! Guys. They had steamed BROCCOLI. Broccoli! And salad and cheese and bell peppers. I WAS SO HAPPY! Again, I do want to embrace the culture, but my body is NOT meant to eat noodles every day. They did have fried rice, dumplings, and meat on a stick so little man was happy, and Cale filled up on salad and spicy fish. We had dessert and Mama got herself a Chinese beer. Oh, it was grand. We will be enjoying our free executive lounge every night until departure. Faith restored. Happy thoughts. All is right with the world.
Early to bed tonight to make up for last night (Roman got his blanket and fell asleep on the chase lounge by 7p). Fun day tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment