Monday, September 19, 2011

Revolution Church turns ONE!

Happy birthday, Revolution Church... last week, because I'm behind on posts.
It was the one-year anniversary of our church on Sept 12, so we had a big birthday party to celebrate on Sunday the 11th. I ordered a giant sheet cake from a bakery (don't get me started), but with our regular crowd of 200- we were also gonna need..... CUPCAKES!

So I baked for Jesus.

Pink Lemonade with pink lemonade buttercream frosting.
I was afraid these were going to be SUPER tart, but I hear it was a nice balance of tart and sweet (I never tried one.)


Topped with crushed lemonade/pink lemonade hard candies.

Red Velvet, Nana's cream cheese icing with chocolate shavings.



Honestly, they weren't good. Nobody would say that, and there wasn't a one left, but I did taste these and... they weren't good. This was my first time to make red velvet from scratch and there is definitely room for improvement.


S'mores!
Graham cracker crust, chunks of chocolate and graham chocolate baked in. These were definitely a favorite!

I attempted to make a marshmallow icing, but it just didn't work out.

Plan B- just some good old fashioned toasted marshmallow. YUM.

The 4th and probably most popular cupcake: Peanut Butter and Jelly :)
I thought I was making them for the kids, but the adults ate them up! And loved them!
They were definitely the easiest, and I failed to get any decent pics by that point in the night.
You can see them here in a "group shot".




Peanut butter cake filled with jelly (I used grape, just bc I had it on hand). I actually decided not to ice them and I'm glad. I dusted them with powdered sugar and it was just enough. The icing would have just been too much.

Trying another new recipe this week that I'm pretty excited about!

1 comment:

Cayce said...

Thank you for not posting this on my WW Wednesday. :)