Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ben & GG's homemade cookies!

Cutest idea ever-
For Xmas, Uncle Ben and GG gave our kids a basket with 2 jars full of the pre-measured ingredients for oatmeal raisin cookies and GG MADE each of them a little apron! All three of my kids LOVE to help in the kitchen and Lord knows we love to bake treats, so it just didn't get any better than this.

During one of our "snow nights", I just happened to be out of food. Eh, it happens. I didn't feel much like loading all the kids up and attempting to drive on what could be icy roads, so I told them we were going to be wild and crazy and have popcorn and milk for dinner... a 'la Meme. (I hope you're reading this Meme! Just know that we thought of you and I absolutely told them we were having a "Meme dinner" lol). They thought I was the coolest mom ever. No reason to tell them I just didn't plan well, why ruin my image?

Of course, a couple of hours after the popcorn, everyone was hungry again. Hunger and a could night seemed like the perfect combination for warm oatmeal cookies! It was too much fun :) Everybody got to help, one at a time with their little aprons on.



Each one took a turn attempting to roll the dough into cookies..... and everyone ended the night with full bellies. AAAAND we still have another jar to make when Daddy gets home!










A big thanks to Sara Ann for providing our dinner that night as well :) It will also be our snack for tonight's family movie night featuring Alice in Wonderland. AND the movie gift cards and skittles that came with it will be providing tomorrow's birthday entertainment for Brynn and Cale! Perfect :)

No comments: