I realize I've been completely MIA lately. Remember all those posts about how busy our life was going to get? Yeah... it's time. Unfortunately, now is exactly when we need to be using the blog to be keeping our family and friends updated with what's going on in our lives and I don't have time to do it!
I'll try to catch up as soon as I can, promise. Here's a brief run-down of where we've been since my last post...
Last Friday Nathan and I left for Greensboro, GA for Stacey's wedding! The kids spent Friday with my cousin, Sarah, who is here for the summer from North Carolina. I think everyone survived fairly well! Brynn stayed the weekend with Ge, Ba, and Sarah. Cale went to Deda and Poppy's and Layla went camping with Nonie and Pap. Nathan and I picked up Denise and Danielle and drove about 6 hours, getting us east of Atlanta for the weekend wedding. More on that later :) We were home in time for Memorial Day and squeezed in a few cookouts in honor those who have served our country. Thanks to Nathan's career change, he was able to actually spend the holiday WITH us, which was wonderful.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow is Bella's first day with us!! We are so excited :) It's been a long time since we've had a baby in the house. It's so strange to have the bouncy seat and play yard and all these baby things back out. I didn't get everything out yet, since she won't be here full time until August. I got to spend some time with her over the weekend since she is Stacey's niece and she is SUCH a good baby (and so pretty lol). The kids are really excited. I can't wait to see how they, especially Brynn and Cale, interact with her and how the dynamics of our daytime house changes by having an infant in the house! I'm just a wee bit nervous to throw a 4th into the mix and see how I'm able to balance everyone, especially since once she's here full-time, Layla will actually be in school. So these part-time days will actually be crazier than what our "normal" days will look like OR Layla could end up being more help than I realize and I will miss her when she's gone! Who knows?! Guess we'll see tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!
**LP did already inform me that I can't call her "Miss Bella" because she "is only zero years old and isn't old enough to be a Miss yet" lol. * Guess she has to earn that title... **
No comments:
Post a Comment