Friday, May 29, 2009

Farethewell, Heidi Lou =(

We had to find a new home for our beloved Heidi. We have been torn about it for weeks. She was a GREAT dog, but the closer it got to deployment the more stressed I got about having an extra something to take care of. On the good days, I barely knew she was here. But on the bad days, she was the one who put me over the edge! Most of the time, she kept to herself, but she stayed right under my feet ALL the time. She was awesome with the kids, but when they were wild, she was wild. And on those days when they got to running around, it always seemed to be her that ended up knocking over the stack of laundry I just folded. Plus, our pretty, non-shedding dog, definitely shed. These darn hardwood floors drive me insane as they are, her hair on them was the worst part! She loved our neighbor's to the point that I think she drove them crazy which worried us to death. It was just a long list of things, that I feel awful saying, I don't have time to worry about right now.

The good news is that she is now living with a friend of mine and her kids LOVE her as much as ours did! So we will get to see her on playdates and such. It worked out well since we were going out of town on Friday, they were going to puppy-sit for the weekend as a trial run and see how she worked for their family. I cried when we left her on Friday knowing we may not pick her back up, and then I cried even more on Sunday when they said they wanted to keep her! I'm really glad they love her so much, but I'm really going to miss her! Apparently, Layla had already mentioned to her boys that it was a possibility Heidi may be a permanent fixture in their home because her middle child, Will, told his Momma L was getting a pig! (She wants a guinea pig lol). The boys (ages 5 and 2) were SUPER-SWEET though and called me after she told them they were keeping Heidi to thank us and tell us they will take great care of her and how happy they are!!

So far, everyone in our house is adjusting well. Layla is going back and forth between missing Heidi and asking for that guinea pig. I miss her like crazy but it is less stressful already. Cale hasn't seemed to notice at all and Brynn has named every stuffed animal we have 'Heidi', which I guess is a 2-yr-olds way of realizing she's gone. I hate that we had to lose her but I know she's happy and well taken-care of!

Thanks Ashley, Chris, Cain, Will, and Bella for loving our Heidi just like we do!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll take great care of her! The kids still love her to pieces...if Bella "loves" her anymore she may be in pieces! Now, stop crying and come visit! :) Thanks for trusting us with her! She fits right in! I kinda like her...just a little bit! :)

Ash