Yay for fun birthday parties! And YAY for friends who trust me to make their cupcakes, and YAAAYY for friends who use cupcakes as an excuse to donate toward our adoption!
I had free reign as long as chocolate was involved.
I made Chocolate-Chocolate Chip and they were darn good (I have to sample, of course).
This was my first time using fondant and I was a wee bit nervous. The flowers were fine, just cut and paste basically.
I made little Tinkerbell shoes, which I thought were kind of cute...
Until I put them on cupcakes with greener-than-I-intended buttercream icing. Then they just looked like deformed grasshoppers. (The white spots are actually silver shimmery "pixie dust" sprinkled on top).
Not exactly what I was going for, but live and learn I guess. I did learn a lot and I'm excited to try what's next!
Hope you had a great party, Anna!
No comments:
Post a Comment