So last week we found out Nathan would be leaving this week to go back overseas. Once it was official, word got out quick. There wasn't much time to prep so he spent a week at the base running around like a chicken with his head cut off; we were doing the same at home to keep the adoption from getting delayed... it was nuts. Unbeknownst to me, he had recorded a video message that played at church on Sunday (he was at the base)- telling the church goodbye, asking for prayer and care for us. Our entire church, and I mean everyone, came to the altar to pray over the kids and I. Tears all around.
On Monday, we found out he wasn't going afterall. Again, word spread like wildfire. Like Jen said, "Who knew when we prayed for a shield of protection, this would be our answer?!". Not I.
We are still in shock, I think. Obviously, we don't want him in harm's way or to be apart from one another. But knowing that our family could benefit from the deployment (in several ways) had gotten us a hopeful. We are in kind of a "Now what?" phase. There is obviously a reason he wasn't supposed to go. We don't know what the future holds, but we will trust Him faithfully- and it will be GREAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment