We had been discussing the idea of doing a pageant today (Sunday), and it was for a good cause (the money was going to the special education classroom of an elementary school). But it was kind of far away and not a program we are familiar with, so we couldn't decide.
Then Friday night, I find out there was one on Saturday in a neighboring town. It was closer and cheaper! So, we decided Saturday morning to go for it. We were both anxious for her to wear her new dress for the first time! I got Layla all prettied up (well, I enhanced the pretty she already has!) and we headed over. Just before the pageant started, they called all the parents and girls of her age division into a "meeting" to say that the girls in pageant dresses would be disqualified from placing. Apparently, they were only supposed to wear "Easter best". I had no idea. Neither did another mom. So, she couldn't win or take first runner up, but they would still let her do the pageant if she wanted. I left it up to her, and she wanted to stay. I figured it was good stage practice. She still managed to go home with 2nd runner up and Most Photogenic :)
BUT since she really didn't get to compete yesterday, we decided to go ahead with the other pageant for today. After church, we got ready in a hurry and drove the hour, barely making it in time. Slapped some mascara on the girl, took her rollers out and put her on stage, all in ten minutes.
Waiting for crowning...
Well, she didn't win her division.
But she did get called back for a Supreme title (even better lol)!!
She won Supreme Queen for under 9 division!! :)
I was STUNNED. And oh, so proud.
She was soooo excited. She LOVES her sash.
Layla Paige with all her trophies (she also won Best Dress, Prettiest Hair, and Most Photogenic!). I've been saying all she needed was a dress to make the whole thing come together...
I did have to take her for ice cream after. Not for winning her pageant, but for waiting until she got back into the car before pulling her front tooth out.
I literally bribed her to keep it in until after the pageant, ha. But before we could even get home, it was out!
Have you ever seen anything this hilarious?!
Smeared makeup, missing tooth and a crown. Supreme Queen of Redneckville.
I love it.







1 comment:
Wow! Congrats, Layla! She totally would've won if she'd been in her Easter best. :)
I see the next Strawberry Queen. :)
Post a Comment