"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has given me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord." 1 Samuel: 27, 28
For those of you that don't know, a sweet little 3-yr-old from our church was found in a pool last Tuesday, unresponsive. He has fought hard for ten days. The impact this has had on our church family, on our community, and even bigger is unreal. Just on FB alone, there are over 5,100 people all over the world praying for baby Casey. And maybe some of those just clicked the button indicating that they were praying, but never actually did. Maybe.
If we weren't before, we have become the epitome of brothers and sisters in Christ. We have grown emotionally and spiritually closer than any number of people I've ever know. Our's is not a large church, we are still only 7 months old and we have around 200 "regular attenders". I can almost name each and every one of them. Not because I'm that great at names (I'm not), but because God has woven us together, both in good times and bad.
In my house, we have prayed. My children have prayed SO hard. Out loud, at bedtime, in the car. This is the first time, I think, that they have understood what they are praying for.
I held little Casey's hand today. He squeezed as I prayed over him. I hugged his mother and his grandmother as they wept. I held hands with his family in the waiting room while we prayed for peace with God's will.
When I left, they were walking back to take him off of life support.
I was crying and trying to get to my babies as quickly as safely possible. Who cares that Cale peed in my car yesterday? Who cares if Brynn squeezed out all the toothpaste or that Layla didn't put her shoes where they go?
I just want to hold them.
When I got in my car, this Steven Curtis Chapman song was on:
Be still and know that He is God.
Be still and know He is our Father.
Come rest your head upon his breast
Listen to the rhythm of His unfailing
heart of love beating for his little ones.
Casey passed away at 3:45pm today.
I have no idea how to tell my kids. How do I explain to them that God's plan is bigger than ours? I don't understand it, I can't expect them to. But hopefully... hopefully, they will see us praying, praising on behalf of little Casey. Hopefully, they will see His name lifted. Hopefully, they will feel His arms- and mine- around them tightly.
1 comment:
I also prayed for this sweet baby and I didn't know him or his family. I will continue to pray for them, I can't imagine what this will be like for them.
For you: When I was 3 my cousins were hit by a car and my very best friend died at the tender age of 5. I didn't understand then and I still don't understand today. God has a plan and I believe that with all my heart. Your kiddos will ask questions and not fully understand, just like I did. But you can guide them with God,patience,and love just like my mom did for me. I'll be thinking of you guys :)
Post a Comment