:Ugh. Take two. Something happened when I hit "post" yesterday and this was deleted. Whine. And I'm pretty sure yesterday's was written much better, ha:
The babies... err... little kids (eek) were born in Memphis and we have always wanted to take them back to see it. I've actually never been to Memphis myself, only driven through.
We had planned to stop for lunch on our way to TX, but our timing was off so we just kept trucking. I was DETERMINED to stop on my way home. And as I've already mentioned, I have no rules when it comes to how long it takes or what time we get there.
We were making GREAT time and ended up in Memphis right around lunchtime! We stopped to eat, then decided to walk down Beale Street. Then we went to the Rock N Soul museum, listened to live music, shopped... three hours later, we got back in the car! It turns out... I love Memphis.
:Dancing in the street. At least there's music this time!:
Being in this city with so much history, very cool. Being in a city with so much history and teaching my littles where they came from, very very cool.
The kids actually got really into the museum! They were so cute with their little headphones walking around (and bonus! It was good number and letter practice entering each exhibit to listen). Even at four years old, it had an impact. When we left, B said "Mommy, did you see all those cool black people?!".
This is where they come from.
Next stop- HOME.









No comments:
Post a Comment