Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My kids are funny. Thank GOD.

So, I'm kind of ill today, given the circumstances. I know I should be politically correct all the time and only say things like "I don't care, as long as he gets home safely" and "It will just make our reunion that much sweeter"... and while all those things are true, and I appreciate all of YOU saying them (a lot, actually), I just want to be kind of pissed about it for a little bit and let you be the optimistic ones.

However, although my children are also quite upset/sad/angry/all of the above, their precious minds tend to drift in and out of depression a bit more than mine do and they say some pretty funny stuff! I thought I'd share some of my sunnier moments today, just incase they brighten yours too =) <---- see, a smile. I can do this.


Layla: It's important to go to school and to church. You know why? Because we go to school to learn what we want to be when we grow up and we go to church to learn that Jesus was the only perfect person. Except... do you remember that time last year when we were at Sam and Jackie's for a really long time? I mean a really long time and I was perfect? Brynn and Cale weren't very obedient at all, but I was perfect. You said so. Do you remember? I remember.

Cale: (After I took them to Cracker Barrel) I so proud of you for dat dinner, Mommy.


Backstory-
Layla got her first kiss at school earlier this year by a boy at school. On the way to Nonie and Pap's one day, in NOVEMBER, I asked her if she had been kissed by anymore boys. She said she hadn't. I asked if she had a boyfriend. She explained that no boyfriends were allowed at school. BUT... there was one boy in particular, Brett, that she liked.
Me: Why do like Brett?
Layla: He told me he's allergic to me, and that REALLY makes me like him!

fastforward to February...
Me to Layla: How was your day at school?
Layla: It was great! Brett didn't go to sneakers {afterschool care} and we got to stand outside together.
Me: So you still like Brett?
Layla: Mommy, I love him! Well, him and Finn (from Glee! ha). I HAVE to find a way to get on Glee for real to make Finn my real boyfriend.
Me: So you love Brett AND Finn?
Layla: Yes ma'am. And Isaac. And Kaiden. And Trevor.
Oh dear...
Daddy's response?
"Where do these boys live?"


Me to Brynn: You are too cute, I love you!
Brynn: Thank you, Mommy! And I love purple and Sissy!


Me: I love you, Cale Benjamin.
Cale: I love you, Mommy Benjamin.

(As he's undressing for his bath...)
Cale: Look, Mommy... my peni is a guitar and I'm a rockstar!
I'm sure you can guess the motions he was making.

I was asking Brynn to practice drawing a circle, a line, and an X... which she did. She then pointed to her circle and said, "Brynn's hair!" and pointed to the line and said, "Mommy's hair!".

Layla was putting on a pair of new jeans from The Children's Place, which have the TCP label on the top back of the pant. She then informed me that her teacher says you aren't supposed to wear jeans that say stuff on the bottom (to school). I tried to explain that she really means jeans with words (meaning words like "cute" or "sexy") across the bottom, and she said "like 'I am a little cat'?"

Brynn: Where's the cool doctor?
Me: Cool doctor? You mean your doctor set? Are you going to play doctor?
Brynn: No ma'am. I need the cool doctor. I need it.
Me: I don't know what a cool doctor is?
Brynn: I need it! For the train!
Me:..... a doctor? For the train? Ah! Cool doctor. Conductor!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know there were more that I've already forgotten. They do make me laugh so much! I wish I could remember more of Brynn's cause that kid is a hoot! And her expressions just make her's unbearable (of course... her's are also usually at the most inopportune times when she's supposed to be doing something else that you have told her 72 times to do already, but still... ;)

2 comments:

Mommy said...

LOL!! All 3 are so cute, but that Cale!! He sounds hilarious!!

Kacie Gregory said...

Lol...so funny. I tell Justin all the time that I could write a book based off things boys say about there "peni" Thank goodness for daddies! Lol!