In case you haven't heard, Nathan IS on his way HOMMME!
He left Manas around midnight last night (I think-- I spoke to him around 5pm our time and that was the plan). They will make several stops and cross several times zones within 24 hours, but when all is said and done, he should arrive back in Nashville tonight between 3-4 am :)
That face is mostly thrilled, although there is some trepidation about loading three sleeping kids up in the freezing cold and dragging them out in the middle of the night to go get him... but after little discussion, he really wants them there and it is just one night. We have the rest of tomorrow and all of Monday to recover and a lifetime to remember this night that he came home and we were all there to see him! What a story, huh?
We are are just giddy with excitement. For me, that involves rushing around with last minute chores and a racing heart. For the kids, that involves bouncing off the walls and wanting everything they do today to be done or saved "for Daddy".
'I'm going to save this milk for Daddy.'
'I have to eat strudels for breakfast to celebrate Daddy.'
'I'm going to wear a purple tutu with green tights, a polka shirt, under a blue gingham dress, with cinderella shoes... for Daddy.'
'No, you can't throw away that tissue that I used to wipe snot of my face, I need it... to show Daddy.'
We're hoping to keep busy today (should be VERY easy to do) to pass the time. Go to bed early to get some sleep in (maybe not as easy- it's like freaking Christmas eve around here!). Then get up in time to bundle/load everyone up and head that way!! Sometime in the wee hours, we should be reunited for good!!
Praying he travels safely until he reaches us. Praying our hearts don't burst.
No comments:
Post a Comment