What day is it?? I’m not even sure but it was a fun one!
We started with a trip to the 24/7 Starbucks in our hotel for coffee and warm muffins. I was still mourning the glorious breakfast buffet. We can’t afford it everyday, but we earned it today.
Eventually, we took off on foot out around the hotel. We are in the same place the boys and I were but I didn’t have a lot of time …or sanity? Can’t remember… to get very far with them. Seems like our days were pretty packed.
We set off looking for lunch but walked and walked and walked and just kinda got caught up in it all and forgot we were hungry. It’s so beautiful! And weird how yesterday we were freezing in 30 degree weather and today it’s 70 and sunny. To be in a big city, there’s tons of old trees and pretty things and Layla loves all the buildings. We photographed people and clothes hanging to dry in windows and colors and life.
We forgot we were hungry. By the time we remembered we were actually starving, the closest restaurant was Italian. Pizza. Again. I was totally against it but didn’t actually have another other suggestions so I caved. Need to plan a little better I think.
It was fine, I am just OVER carbs. How do these people eat so many carbs?! I feel like junk. I guess they eat a lot of meat, we see people on the street all the time, but … that’s not for me. I like lean/clean meats… these animals on sticks just don’t seem the same somehow ;) Veggies, I want veggies. We did at least order pasta with broccoli. Score?
After lunch we went to the museum. We honestly didn’t even know what kind of museum it was, it was just something to do. It looked like one building, but once we got in it was HUGE. Again, my STEM baby loved it. Lincoln’s just along for the ride wherever we go. Ha. But for a 16lb baby, she sure gets heavy after a few hours! The tombs were cool and all the rituals etcetera. It will be a nice addition to Layla’s photojournalism presentation to her class upon her return and well worth the $2 it cost us to visit. Oh, and the views from the top were stunning!
Layla had a snickers for dinner. I told her early in the trip that most of the regular rules go out the window in China and she’s taking full advantage ;) We always seem to make lunch our big meal of the day (we're mid-day people!) and aren’t hungry much at night. Except Tiny Panda who scarfs down every bit that she’s offered. I think she’s starting to fill out a little! Plus, it’s definitely building trust that I am here to take care of her. She still won’t drink much but did at least attempt a little formula from her soft spout sippy today. That‘s a first! We‘ll keep trying. She also didn‘t scream in the tub! Progress! Baby steps.
Apparently it’s New Year’s Eve?! I had kind of forgotten. It’s normally kind of a thing for us, since that’s how Nathan and I started. This year’s just different. The girls were asleep by 7:30 and I wasn’t far behind them! I know it probably would have been pretty groovy to see China celebrate, we just didn’t have it in us. Oh well. HAPPY NEW YEAR! I think it’s gonna be a good’un.
1 comment:
I hope you'll lost again soon! Love your blog, your writing, your family!!! God bless!!!
Post a Comment