Last night was Christmas morning in the U.S. and we had a chance to video chat with home just as they were getting up to see what Santa brought. The timing was perfect. They got a few little things and a sister all on the same day! It was so fun and they were super excited to see what we got too (Lincoln).
Anna Gray was on a Santa-high for just a minute before she fell apart. Granted, they were exhausted from constant Christmas events since coming home from the airport Friday morning , but mostly she missed her mama. Just about broke my heart.
We said goodbye and a couple more hellos with the grandparents who couldn’t wait to meet their newest.
Totally signing 'I love you' right? ;)
She slept well. Actually, she and Layla both slept from 4PM-4AM. She ate a little baby cereal but will not take her bottle. She doesn’t like to be changed and she did not like the bath. It’s a smidge overwhelming for such a little lady!
On the first day of forever, we headed out bright and early to finalize our adoption.
After a bit of paperwork and dashing back and forth between offices, she is now and forever Lincoln Mabel West!
She is still very pensive. Content, but studious. No sounds, no expression. She stayed wherever we put her with very little movement.
I look forward to seeing her personality start to peek out! I know it’s in there ;)
Poor baby must be so confused and terrified.
After getting back to the hotel, we went on the hunt for food. We landed at Pizza Hut because it was easy. Well, in theory. Layla wasn’t feeling pizza with seafood or “various fruits” or other unidentifiable toppings. Finally, after some heavy gesturing and pointing, we ordered pizza with pepperoni. We think. And it was awesome.
I decided to try a few doughy bites for Lincoln and she came unglued. I mean, seriously unglued. She was laughing hysterically. The more she laughed, the more we laughed, and we stayed in that cycle the whole meal. Strangers were watching us, videoing. People would just walk up to our table and stand there and watch the three of us. We didn’t care. In all our time waiting for her, we had never seen her smile. The big toothy grin and chuckles were a dream come true!!
We had a couple errands to run but again, my girls were worn out and we were back in the hotel for the night by 3:00. Both girls in bed by 5:00. Jetlag is a dog, I tell ya.
Layla's perspective:
Today was a little slower at first. We went to an office to finalize the adoption. That took about an hour. For lunch we went to Pizza Hut in the mall. Ordering was a bit of a struggle! We just kept pointing to pictures of pepperonis! While we were waiting for our pizza, you started laughing for the first time!! It was so cute! We got some photos and videos. We even gave you a little pizza and that was probably your first solid food. I have to admit, the pizza was pretty darn good. People were watching us but I didn't care. After some errands, we went back the room- thank goodness. I am so tired.



No comments:
Post a Comment