We had over 300
THIS is why I love my church.
There weather was beautiful, albeit a bit chilly with the wind. Another gorgeous fall day! The downside to the Pumpkin Run is that it's always the first Saturday in October- and Nathan ALWAYS has drill :/ He hasn't been able to go since he joined the Air Force. Bummer since we really love doing it together and it's a big day for our family.
The Crunk and Baird families (all mine!). In memory of Parker and Sylvia Crunk (my grandparents).
This child oozes althleticism, but we've never really been sure where to point it. We may have found her calling!
She ran nearly the whole 5K. Unfortunately, she ran most of it unsupervised. When the horn sounded, little girl took off. She ran and ran and ran (verified by Pastor K who managed to keep up with her for a while). She's a runner, for sure!
The other day, she and Cale raced to my car. She flew like the wind, blowing him out of the water (and he's not slow!), of course, resulting in a meltdown for him. When they got back in the car, she put her hand on him and said, "Cale, just because I'm faster than you doesn't mean I'm better than you... but... wow, I am way faster than you."
Next year will be the 10th Pumpkin Run! Hard to believe.




No comments:
Post a Comment