Thursday, April 24, 2014

Living on coffee and a dream...

So, I haven't updated. Mostly because there's not really been anything to update and it's depressing. And I haven't slept passed 2:00AM in... a while... which makes it harder to find my Positive Pants.

Long story, short: We have made zero progress because we are STILL caught in the mess our first agency left behind. There's more to it, but I'll be intentionally vague. If you can't say anything nice...

BIG.HEAVY.SIGH.

We really hoped we'd be moving quickly at this point, but we can't move at all until that gets straightened out. This is maddening. It's been an extra six weeks due to this so far and now the whole timeline is even more up in the air. It's quite consuming, no matter how many distractions we have throughout the day. It's painful. We just want to get our boy home healthy.

Trust me, I have constant mental Jesus Jukes on repeat about time and waiting and yada yada yada. Logically, I know. I'm just not feeling very logical right now.


BUT




The good news is: We know what's causing the delay. We didn't for a while and it was even more discouraging. Also, we are chugging on with the final stretch of fundraising so we are ready to hit the ground running when they say go. The photo sessions have already started (post coming soon) and my very first USBORNE Party is next weekend! I have already had several books ordered and one person sign up to be a consultant under me (whoop whoop!).

If you are not local or want to browse ahead of time, use THIS LINK.
Most of the books are under $10! There is a huge variety of subjects and reading levels AND ordering helps get RJZ home. Wins all around.


More positive distractions...
These guys.


That little star on the end there has her very first dance competition this weekend! She is giddy.
It's only her second year of dance and first year of hip hop, but she's in love. Hardcore love. We are so excited for her to have something that makes her so happy. 


These are a couple months old now, but it gives you an idea of our nightly entertainment. You can just barely hear the music coming from that little piano, but she is free stylin' like nobody's business.

 

I love that she changes the beat twice and adjusts accordingly, ha. 



Can't wait to see our girls on stage this weekend! Go get 'em, Pee Wees!


AND can't wait to hear that we are making progress on the China side. Deep breaths. Prayers, dandelions, lucky pennies all appreciated!!

No comments: