Monday, June 1, 2009

Bella's Debut

Well, I have to say- Bella slid her way right into our life seemlessly. My kids ADORE her. So far, all they want to do is take turns holding her and kissing her. Doesn't seem to bother her one little bit! She just grins and giggles the whole time. I am still wondering how long it will take before they just ignore her and go about their day like normal. Apparently, longer than two days. And I kid you not, the twins grew up in about an hour! All of a sudden they were speaking more clearly, they were helping, and taking care of this other "baby". I thought THEY were the babies! They want to feed her, bring her toys, they baby-talk to her in these high-piched little voices- it's PRECIOUS. Layla and Bella are big buddies already. Layla said- "Mommy, we have got to get one of these. Babies are SO fun."

As for me... well, I think I've got this four kids thing down pat already :) I'm pretty sure when the time comes, I've got this. Throwing an infant into the mix was much easier than I expected it to be so far. Bella is easy-breezy though. She is already on a schedule that works great with my kids' schedules. She is HAPPY. And I get to give her back at 3 o'clock. It's a nice fit =)




1 comment:

K.W. said...

I just read your blog on the bump and I just read your adoption story here. I just want to say GOD BLESS YOU for bringing these children into your hearts, lives, and home. There are so many children who are not adopted esp. AA children and I am so happy when they get a chance to go to a loving home. They look beautiful, happy, and healthy :)