Wednesday, June 5, 2013

BEFORE AND AFTER: Kids' bathroom.

And by "kids'", I mean all six of us.
Being that the master bath renovation is still underway. Life just keeps happening.

BEFORE:

 
Pretty plain jane. Same paint that covered the rest of the upstairs. Original vanity from 1961.
 
 
AFTER:
 

Painted with Glidden's Granite Grey, framed the mirror and added a shade that I covered in grey/polka dot fabric.


 

I'm not sure when the sliding shower doors were added to the house, but... it's been a while. We had every intention of taking them down. It turns out, they're kinda handy. They keep all the water IN the tub when the kids shower, they're easy to clean and I hate shower curtains (because of the other two reasons)! So we slapped some pretty little towels on there and called it a day, for now.

 
I straitened those towels about 90 seconds before I took pics and any person(s) could be responsible for testing my OCD. Alas, exhaustion wins and I was not about to fix them just for a better picture.
 
Same goes for these. I KNOW they were strait just a second ago.
And the white bath box. Seriously.
 
 
 
Actually it's driving me nuts and I just went back upstairs to see if they are strait right now.
They are.
 
Crooked or not, my little loves are cute :)
A bathtub pic of each of them at age 2.

 
 
The vanity:
 
 
Nathan built the frame for the mirror. Admittedly, a little hurriedly. It's not perfect, but... meh. Whatevs. Bigger fish to fry.


The toothbrush boxes I sort of love.

I got it in my head that I wanted them. I asked Nathan to build them (yes, even after the mirror- wink wink), but he really wasn't interested (nudge nudge). I thought for sure I could find some already made or even unfinished boxes. No luck (in the right size, etc.). Anyway, on about our millionth trip to Hobby Lobby for who knows what- Layla spotted an unfinished jewelry box and pointed out that the drawers would be the perfect size for our boxes. Genious! That's my girl!

So I stained the little jewelry drawers and added their names. Nathan drilled holes for their toothbrushes and voila!


The board above the light is another piece of the kids old swing set, just like the cookbook holder Nathan built for the dining room.

I painted it with chalkboard paint. The plan is/was to write a different message on it at the start of each month.



I've changed it about three times in eight months.
Maybe some just need a little more time to sink in? ;)

As much as I like their little grey skies/sunshine bathroom... I am ready for our own :)
It really hasn't been that bad at all, but it would definitely be more convenient to utilize our grown up bathroom downstairs ;)

Soon! I think.

No comments: