1) I love to dance.
2) My heart is in missions (of all sorts).
3) We are not wealthy.
Put all those together and you get my next awesome fundraiser ;)
I AM GOING BACK TO JAMAICA!!
So, so excited. Jamaica is my second (third? fourth?) home. I'm not talking about any resort or beach... I'm talking about the heart of Jamaica. Part of my heart is there. My Jamaican friends are part of my family. Jamaica was not my first mission trip by any stretch of the imagination, but it was the first time I didn't walk away feeling like I had served someone else. Who am I to think I had something to give to them?! No. We just happen to be in the same place together.
As a reminder, HERE is the post I wrote when I got home last time.
If you'll remember, that was the week that God told me (LOUDLY!) to go get Anna Gray :)
I hate I couldn't be there on the last trip, but we had just gotten home from Ukraine and I couldn't leave my babies again so soon. Plus, we were spiritually and financially drained. Oh yeah, and God hadn't told me to go.
Now, it's time for me to go back.
I don't know why yet and I don't need to. I just need to obey.
I am mushing those three things at the top together to get myself there... get excited.
I will be offering line dance lessons to pay for my trip!
A lot of you have expressed interest in taking classes from me and this is your chance! 100% of the money will help pay my mission expenses. Bam. Two birds, one stone. This is going to be so.much.fun.
I knew I'd find a way to turn dance into a ministry some day ;)
For those that don't know, I dance/teach professionally on a regular basis, so you will be learning actual line dances... not the Chicken Dance or anything. Unless you want to learn the Chicken Dance. I will teach you whatever you want me to if it means I am on this mission trip!
Deets:
The cost is $10 per person for ONE one-hour line dance class. (So, you will pay another $10 if you come a second, third time, etc. Edited for clarity.) You will be learning two new and current dances each class. Great fun, great excercise, great cause. No official committment needed but will have an unofficial sign up, just so I have an idea of how many to expect. Pay at the door and bring everyone you know! Men, women, children, old people, young people, stinky people, smart people, coordinated/uncoordinated people ... everyone is welcome! It's all in good fun with the added bonus of building worship space in Jamaica and ministering to (or being ministered by) Jamaican children.
The classes will be at:
Revolution Church
3644 Hwy 31-W
White House, TN 37188
The first two dates are:
Saturday, Feb 2nd at 10:00 AM
and
Thursday, Feb 21st at 6:00 PM
We have plans to add more dates for March and April, depending on response.
I will teach different dances each time, so you can attend once or you can attend them all! Lots of opportunities to participate.
For now,
Mark you calendars.
Spread the word/Word.
Let me know if/when you plan to attend.
Get ready to get your groove on.
ETA: If you would like to schedule a private dance lesson for your group or a separate class at your church/business, a birthday party, bachelorette party, etc.- LET ME KNOW! We can work something out!
No comments:
Post a Comment