Saturday, May 26, 2012

SUMMER!



We had new family photos taken yesterday- our first portraits as a family of six. It was a "celebrate adoption" session by a church friend/amazing photographer/future adoptive mama as a baby gift. All the kids (save Annie) got to pick their own clothes- their choices told you everything you need to know about them :)  We happened to be shooting during the "whiney" portion of our day (you know that hour before dinner time when they are hungry, but it isn't time to eat, and they are tired, but it's too late for a nap??). I'm not sure if she got anything decent or not! We took everyone out to dinner afterward. The minute we sat down they were different people. Polite, grateful, and HILARIOUS. I LOVE family dates (it costs us an arm and a leg, but it was totally worth it).

When we got home, I got some Cale-time, with Brynn popping/jumping in from time to time. Even Cale had tears from laughing so hard! He said, "She is the funniest person I know, but we need a calm Brynn." 
I was making him "a bug in a rug" (snug as a bug) and he asked, "When I'm grome up, can I have brown babies and a white wife?".

You want a white wife?

"Yes ma'am"

Okay, I'm curious. How come?

"Because I want a wife just like you, Mama."

2 comments:

The Happy Half Dozen said...

Can't wait to see the pictures, especially their outfits of choice!!! And sweet Cale, how absolutely precious that he wants a wife just like you! You know your doing something right :D!

Jessie said...

Awww, that's so sweet! :)