Oh... Mother's Day. You are JUST a day. Yet, you have become almost more than I can bare!
I used to detest Mother's Day, even after I became a mother. We were spending the whole day completely stressed, nearly in tears, trying to make sure we squeezed everyone in and everyone was happy with the amount of time they were seen that day, resenting the pressure to do so, forfeiting my own day... it stunk.
But then I realized that it really isn't about that one day, it's about the relationships you have every other day. So, we started focusing on those. While we still do the best we can and try to organize that ONE day, we try not to let it consume us if we can't do it.
What does consume me is how emotional Mother's Day is for ME, without all the running around. I had the BEST day. My kids and my husband were so, so good to me. They didn't buy me anything (with the exception of a Toy Story card that plays "You've Got A Friend In Me", loooove it. Cracks us up everytime time. And Layla surprised me with the Glee Madonna cd with a little help from Ba! SO perfect!). But they made me feel so special all weekend! They made me breakfast and the sweetest cards. Even Brynn and Cale made me cards for the first time! I was so excited!! Layla wrote me a (fill-in-the-blank) poem:
My mother is the best mom in the world!
She is as pretty as a ROSE.
She smells as nice as a FLOWR. (flower)
My favorite thing she does is LAF. (laugh)
Her favorite food is SINDAMIN ROLS. (cinnamon rolls) lol. ??
She is the best at HOPING. (hopping).
I think my mom looks funny when she AX SILLY. (acts silly).
I wish my mom would SING every day.
I wouldn't trade my mom for A PUPPY DOG.
HAPPY MOTHR'S DAY!
I LOVE YOU, LAYLA
She also wrote me a note that said:
To Mommy, I want to give you this beecus I love you. I want to make you a speshul dinr tonite. We are going to have vechtubls and desrt is puding. I love you! Happy Mothr's Day!
Lol- They were all just over-the-top sweet! They learned it from their Daddy.
What a day. BUSY day. Emotional Day.
Feeling so blessed to have them. Feeling sad for birthmom, knowing she must be missing them on this day. Always feel the paradox pain of infertility/joy of motherhood on this day. Feeling Lucky. Feeling Loved. Feeling Tired. Feeling like a MOM!!!
"A mother's love liberates."
Maya Angelou
No comments:
Post a Comment