Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Gift of Music.

This is the 2nd year in a row that I've been to this event in honor of Dustin J. Wells and the W.O School of Music, which offers instruments and lessons to inner-city kids. Last year, I attended as a photographer, this year as a guest... who happened to take a lot of pictures.
It was really exciting for me- I have seen Ronnie Dunn and Kellie Pickler several times before, but this was my first time to ever see Dolly Parton! Vocally, she was FLAWLESS. It was amazing to see the legend in action. And the woman can move! I couldn't believe the way she was getting around on those 5 inch heels! SO much personality. She was just so sweet and genuine. She was everything I'd hoped she'd be. =)

It was super-crowded and I was lucky enough to be up against the stage to get some pics. But that meant I had to work with some pretty awkward angles from time to time. Who cares... I saw Dolly!

Mr. Ronnie Dunn:


The one and only, Ms. Dolly Parton:


Kellie and Dolly doing "9 to 5":



Kellie Pickler:

No comments: