Child taps me on the shoulder during the $1 Summer movie... I lean over, child hands me tooth and resumes watching movie.
Little child creates unclean diaper (or lack thereof) situation. Older children jump and say, "How can I help you?"
No alarm needed. Woke up to a child standing over me belting out, "High on a hill lived a lonely goatherd!", which somehow transitioned seamlessly into Taylor Swift's "Trouble". (Give you one guess...).
"Me and Layla are like... our own kind of weird. We like each other like that."
A little girl singing herself to sleep. The Cupid Shuffle, her own kind of lullaby.
"For the love of peace!" (I say for the love of Pete.)
The little peach has become
"If I grow up, and get a big truck, you can take a picture of me leaning up against if you want."
"{Sobbing} I can't go to sleep unless I feel safe! I can't feel safe unless I feel your heart on mine and there's a sister on my right! {Stops sobbing.} Wait, is that my right or my left?"
I flubbed our quick in-and-out at the grocery and forget to get snacks Brynn could take to her summer dance intensive. I sent her with NO SNACK, but change to get a Z Bar out of the machine at snack time. She got her Z Bar, but also came home with four other snacks that were given to her.
"How did that happen?"
I have no opinion on that.
"Do you know what that means?"
No, ma'am. I do not. And I don't have an opinion on that either.
"I can't control my anger. I only feel calm when you give me my legos back and maybe get some popsicles."
At the beach, we taught the kids to give the "I'm okay." signal that scuba divers use (as we were both advanced divers in our past life, B.K. before kids). That way if they got knocked down by a wave orwhathaveyou, they would look up to us and signal that they were okay. AG caught on quick (though let it be known there was a never a reason for her to give us the signal from afar, she's just mimmicks everything), and she now uses the signal every time the phrase "okay" is used. Time for bath, okay? SIGNAL: OKAY! Is it okay if we read this book? SIGNAL: OKAY!
Comical.
And if you get hurt, she will ask, "Are you okay, baby?" SIGNAL: OKAY?! OKAY?!
**********************************************************
And some other things I forgot to say before... My inner name nerd let me down in all the excitement.
Worth mentioning: Roman, in french, means novel. Fitting, no? Also, Jude = praise. Um... yes.
Zheng means boy, ha. Praise for this boy's story!
HAPPY
THURSDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment